Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

SHAMROCK DOLL-PART 2

Well, I finally finished the Shamrock doll and she is on her way to her new home.  I have a few more pictures of how she was made, but not very many.  I really struggled with her clothes.  I just couldn't get the dress to look right.  I guess the saying is true.  "Fashion makes complete"  She just didn't look right until I got the outfit right.  I originally wanted her to have a big fluffy skirt like a Tutu.  I don't sew very well, so I tried my best.  But....FAIL.  It looked awful  


So.....I ripped it all off and  began.  I decided to do a simpler skirt, just some pleats and smaller shoulder straps.  More like overall straps instead of a vest.  It looked much better.


I couldn't find any material that I was happy with for the leggings, so I used a green high ligher pin and "painted" on the stripes and a pink thin stripe in between.  I was pleased with how it turned out.  A very simple solution to a problem.  
The theme was Shamrocks so I made Polymer Clay buttons shaped like shamrocks.  I placed them on her clothing and then  decided to add one to her hair later. 
Speaking of hair....I love how her hair turned out.  The pink/red hair really emphasized her facial features.  I put a simple pony tail but left it half up to give it a messed up look.


I then made shoes out of some leather and placed a shamrock button on the side.


The  final over all look turned out amazing.
  Here she is.......All dressed up and ready to go to her new home.  I will let her new mommy name her.


I hope you like her and I hope her new mommy likes her.  She was so much fun  to make.

No comments: